Photographic New Years Resolution

Roba

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My new years resolution is to photograph a different sport every month.
And try to make it sports I've not been to before, or seen before.

Anybody else got a photograpic resolution there planning on?

And Happy New Year guys.

Mine is to create a photo VideoTip of the week. 52 in all for 2015. And post 'em here on TPF. I just got done editing the first one and will be posting it soon.

But
shush.gif
.... it's a secret!

Mums the word!!

Where's the photos? LOL

It's a Photo Gallery forum for Just For Fun photos:
This is the place for your less serious work. Post pictures of your pets, funny images - or maybe something that just happened to catch your attention! Not intended for serious critique.

My New Year photography resolution is to make more videos and time lapse sequences.

My resolution is to get more into conceptual and action photography. I'm just over a year into photography and have transitioned from snapshots of family to portraits, sports, and street...I want to continue to focus on street shooting, shoot more sports, and to break into doing some conceptual/action shoots...I'm looking forward to this year!

Same as last year. Wake up for more sunrises, go to more difficult locations to shoot the milky way, and of course sell more prints! I did pretty well this year...could've dragged myself outta bed a few more times though...

I just want to get out more and learn my equipment better. I'm determined to go somewhere one weekend a month to specifically work on getting photos. Also been thinking of possibly trying to get at least one good shot a month based on a specific "theme" such as macro, lighting, objects in motion etc so that I will be forced to practice and hopefully learn something by doing it. I figure if I decide on a theme/technique to practice I can compare what my photos looked like at the beginning of the month to what they are at the end of the month to see if I actually learned anything.

My resolution is to get more into conceptual and action photography. I'm just over a year into photography and have transitioned from snapshots of family to portraits, sports, and street...I want to continue to focus on street shooting, shoot more sports, and to break into doing some conceptual/action shoots...I'm looking forward to this year!
Well, good work for 1 year You have some nice clean pix. Glad you made albums. Made it easier to sift out the personal stuff on your flickr.

I just want to get out more and learn my equipment better. I'm determined to go somewhere one weekend a month to specifically work on getting photos. Also been thinking of possibly trying to get at least one good shot a month based on a specific "theme" such as macro, lighting, objects in motion etc so that I will be forced to practice and hopefully learn something by doing it. I figure if I decide on a theme/technique to practice I can compare what my photos looked like at the beginning of the month to what they are at the end of the month to see if I actually learned anything.

Nice photos on your flickr.

Yes good to get out to photogenic surroundings. I stopped all the BS day in day out shooting I used to do. Now just shoot when I get out someplace promising. I want to travel more, but it is very $ to travel nowadays.

This year I'm going to try to get some portrait skills. Starting from scratch in that regard I'm afraid...

Shoot more.

How often are you shooting now?

I'm cutting back and trying to sheet less. Got years of stuff I never looked through. But if it is promising I will shoot.

don't know. Honestly I am looking for something. I just haven't found it yet.

This year I'm going to try to get some portrait skills. Starting from scratch in that regard I'm afraid...

Well don't worry too much. Maybe worry about your models being turned off and to wanting to pose if you do poor. But if that is not an issue just delete and re-shoot.

Shelby Lee Adams used to go back and re-shoot the same people for years to perfect a pix. I don't go in for that BS. I'm a doc photog. While I like Adams work, he does not impress me as a doc photogs. He is a view cam / tripod photog. I like doc photogs...they are my idols.

My new years resolution is to photograph a different sport every month.
And try to make it sports I've not been to before, or seen before.

Anybody else got a photograpic resolution there planning on?

And Happy New Year guys.

Trying to sell all the gear that just sits.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back