Photographic New Years Resolution

This year I'm going to try to get some portrait skills. Starting from scratch in that regard I'm afraid...

Well don't worry too much. Maybe worry about your models being turned off and to wanting to pose if you do poor. But if that is not an issue just delete and re-shoot.

Shelby Lee Adams used to go back and re-shoot the same people for years to perfect a pix. I don't go in for that BS. I'm a doc photog. While I like Adams work, he does not impress me as a doc photogs. He is a view cam / tripod photog. I like doc photogs...they are my idols.
there is a good new years resolution. Lets see if I can go all year without someone telling me "well ansel adams.........." :biglaugh:

Where's the photos? LOL

It's a Photo Gallery forum for Just For Fun photos:

Oh, poop on you!

Blooper_1154.jpg

:biggrin-new:

Open for business on my showroom and have some fun.

Like Gary, I just plan to get out more. I did four projects since this weekend and I need to keep on the ball. I think 2015 is the year of street photography for me.

Well i hope i have more fun than this guy, look closely :bouncingsmileys:

Dunno, maybe some naked women.

Sounds like theres some good ideas here for the new year.
Lets hope we can stick to them, and not let them turn into a new gym membership.
Where we try for a couple of weeks then say were go do it tomorrow!

KmH i wasn't quite sure where too put it, Lol, its on topic, but not serious enough for anywhere else? :1219:

Let me know when i need to book some flights Runnah!!

Well my new year resolution is happening tomorrow.
BMX racing! Should be fast and furious, can't wait,

Mine is to fire a roll of film a week, at least, if not more.

I haven't really come up with any solid plan for what to work on this year, although I do intend to keep working on my portraiture skills (actually, it's currently more my lack thereof). But I guess, generally speaking:

1. Flash photography. I can use my flash, but it's not a skill that comes automatically to me the way using my camera does. I need to become more "fluent" in flash and other supplemental lighting skills.
2. Shoot more, and Shoot less. No, it's not contradictory. I want to do more planned shoots, day trips, that sort of thing. But when I go out, shoot less and shoot more intentionally. Especially when it comes to my beloved birds, it's time for me to become far more selective about when to take the shot and when to pass ("Oh look! A Blue Jay!…now let's see…how many dozens of pictures do you already have, JUST LIKE THAT, of Blue Jays??")
3. Really more #1, in terms of priority. I need to spend more time at the computer, figuring out a better system for organizing my photos (both for work and personal stuff), learning to use the Lightroom that has sat unopened on my computer desk for almost a year now, and working on some more advanced skills I need in Photoshop.

I started a 365 photograph with a photo a day, Black & White, with f/8 aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back