cedricwinterwolf
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 3, 2014
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Sisters, OR
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hey! Kedrik here. I'm new to this forum AND to the technical nit-picking side of photography.
I seem to be getting functional results for most things, but my challenge right now is figuring out how the heck to photograph bone!
On white backgrounds it blends, in direct sunlight it washes out, in the shade it washes out, in a lightbox it washes out.. ugh!
Ideally, I'd like to photograph these on bark surfaces, or hanging in mid air with a forest-background, but honestly if I could just get something presentable that would show the facets and colors in the bone, that'd be swell.
The ring is antler, and with the extra color it seems to photograph better, but it still isn't perfect. The other one is my typical result when I try to photograph these simple little pendants.
Any ideas??
using a sony a100 DSLR with a [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] Sony 3.5-6.3/18-200 lens.
[/FONT]

I seem to be getting functional results for most things, but my challenge right now is figuring out how the heck to photograph bone!
On white backgrounds it blends, in direct sunlight it washes out, in the shade it washes out, in a lightbox it washes out.. ugh!
Ideally, I'd like to photograph these on bark surfaces, or hanging in mid air with a forest-background, but honestly if I could just get something presentable that would show the facets and colors in the bone, that'd be swell.
The ring is antler, and with the extra color it seems to photograph better, but it still isn't perfect. The other one is my typical result when I try to photograph these simple little pendants.
Any ideas??
using a sony a100 DSLR with a [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] Sony 3.5-6.3/18-200 lens.
[/FONT]

