Photographs from the Street

Sidewinder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday evening, I walked the city streets again, in search of a few good photographs. The following ones came out best in my opinion.

Street & Flowers:

Street_And_Flowers_by_MrRichards.jpg

Sebastian

Leave It To Memory Me:

Leave_It_To_Memory_Me_by_MrRichards.jpg

Sebastian

A Sea Of Light:

A_Sea_Of_Light_by_MrRichards.jpg

Sebastian

Into The Evening:

Into_The_Evening_by_MrRichards.jpg

Sebastian

The first one is the best. I think the last one would have been better if the people were more frozen by a quicker exposure (which probably wasn't possible, but I'm just saying) or blurred/removed by a much longer exposure...

...IMHO.

Thanks a lot for all your comments folks.

@Rachelsne: On my monitor (which I consider calibrated correctly) the photographs look just fine, I also checked on another monitor, where they also looked fine. But thanks for mentioning it, maybe I gotta revise my settings! :)

@saltface: yep, you are right, I also considered this issue, it looks neither really blurred nor really sharp, but given the difficult lighting conditions, I had to work with what I got. Still I am pretty satisfied with the end result, the picture could have been better, though.

The first one is really beautiful. Flowers look amazing in black and white.

The last one interested me by the fact that the people in the photo weren't frozen. They're are moving, which I really like about the photo. It might just be me, but I really like that aspect.

All of these photographs are amazing by the way.

dude.. "Leave It To Memory Me:" that shot is awesome to me..

Thanks a lot to both of you for your comments.
I really like, how everyone has their own favorite.

- Sebastian

I really like the first three and I would like the last if it wasn't for the halos around the post and the top of the building....it looks like a local contrast adjustment or burning in artifact. The shadowy nature of the shots communicates very well the time of day and the feeling of that time...a slightly warm spring afternoon.

I really like the first three and I would like the last if it wasn't for the halos around the post and the top of the building....it looks like a local contrast adjustment or burning in artifact. The shadowy nature of the shots communicates very well the time of day and the feeling of that time...a slightly warm spring afternoon.

Thanks for the reply!
Indeed, the halos around the lamp post and the building seem to be burning in artifacts. At first, I was considering to edit them out, but eventually decided to leave them, they are not particularly nice, but it's just how the photograph came out and that's what I went with.
Maybe, I'll make and edited version with the halos removed.

They are all very dark for me too, but I assumed that was a style choice-- going more for halos rather than detail on subjects? Anyway, the subject detail is mostly lost in the black.

I personally liked 2 and 3 a lot. I love the flecks of whatever highlighted on 2. Just kind of an interesting feature.

I like "street & flowers" the best. I think would have been a little better if there was not a car driving by behind the flowers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back