Photography books

Lizocain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,im looking for some advice on photography books.Ive read a lot of similar threads but most of he books reccomended are for starters,I've read all books by bryan peterson + Scott Kelby.Im looking for something for professional.Also boks related to architecture photography would be good.Thanks

Are you looking for books on landscape photography also? If so, I like this one: National Audubon Society Guide to Landscape Photography Tim writes with the mindset of "If I use big words and elaborate phrases, I will come across as more intelligent and royal". I can't stand this as it really makes the book more difficult to read. You're trying to learn something meanwhile you have to read sentences like, "Pulsing with light, mother of life, for the artist a subject both sublime and mindless, the land abides in us and for us." He thinks he's a novelist. Very annoying. But the content is great and if you take the time to read each sentence twice so you can figure out what he is saying, it's actually very informative.

Here's another one just for laughs (every page is filled with these:
"It's impossible to photograph the landscape and not be aware of the accelerating deterioration of the planet's natural areas."

And another, I just love this:
"The high price of medium format digital cameras and backs is presently a deterrent to universal professional acceptance."

I just picture every sentence being read by a French man sipping on a teacup with his pinky out.

Last edited:
"The use of extended prose to illuminate every significant thought tends to be a detriment to the sale of his book!"

"The use of extended prose to illuminate every significant thought tends to be a detriment to the sale of his book!"
:lol::lmao:

I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I really am not. The entire book is actually written like that. I wish I had the book with me just so I could post more sentences.

lol i do believe u poly :))
yes im looking for all kind of books in photography ,composition as well!

Medium format stuff is available now for prices that would have been absolutely unthinkable ten years ago...so we know that book is dated now!

Medium format stuff is available now for prices that would have been absolutely unthinkable ten years ago...so we know that book is dated now!
Well it was published in 2007. I don't know anything about medium format film stuff.

Most reactions

Back