Photography Bucket List

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was reading a blog the other day (Click It Up a Notch, I believe) and there was a post about a Photography Bucket List. I always think of things that would be cool to shoot, but never thought of making a list. So I started one today. A lot of my list is pretty basic, common stuff.

So far:
Lightening
Stranger on the street
Star trails (long exposure)
Panning
Street fair
Pinup/Retro
Picture of a picture
Eiffel Tower
Singing/dancing in the rain

What's on YOUR bucket list?

African safari
American SW
Alaskan wildlife
Everglades
Anywhere I haven't already been.

So far:
Lightening
Stranger on the street
Panning
Street fair
Pinup/Retro
Picture of a picture
Eiffel Tower
In Paris (in a thunder storm) and you could get all of those in one day!

Machu Picchu is on my bucket list. Although, I think it would be hard to get unique angles/shots that haven't been done a million times before.

Bucket list...

Going back to some of the places I have been without worry of stepping on land mines or getting XYZ of bad things bad people do to people they see as being different done to me!

- Bosnia, the interior
- Afghanistan...don't know which part

Places that were nice,
- Norway, because I have better gear now.
- Hungary
- Croatia, the coast

As for Truly Bucket list;

...combination motorcycle trip to South America/photography tour.
- combination motorcycle trip to Europe/photography tour

So far:
Lightening
Stranger on the street
Panning
Street fair
Pinup/Retro
Picture of a picture
Eiffel Tower
In Paris (in a thunder storm) and you could get all of those in one day!

Machu Picchu is on my bucket list. Although, I think it would be hard to get unique angles/shots that haven't been done a million times before.

Exactly how I feel about the Eiffel Tower.

Hmm, interesting thought. Yep, guess I'll have to make one. I think, to a large degree, it would look a lot like the travel portion of my "regular" bucket list:
--Ireland, my ancestral home. Specifically, take photos of the house my g'g'parents lived in (it's still standing, last I knew) and the church they were married in.
--Panama and the Azores. These are two places where my grandfather lived and worked in the 30s, 40s and very early 50s. I have thousands of his photos from those days, and would love to find some of the same places today and photograph them.
--Northern Lights. Unsure about this one. I would LOVE to see them, LOVE to photograph them...but I truly DETEST the cold. So, that one may just not happen.
--Alaska. But see above comment about hating the cold. Still, my father was stationed there during WWII and I'd love to photograph some of the places he may have been.

Other Photography bucket list items that I've thought of, off the top of my head:
--My first grandchild (tho I'm hopefully a ways off from that, what with neither kid married yet). I want to take all the photos I missed with my own because I was too busy parenting!

--A really good bird in flight photo. So far, I haven't even gotten what I'd call a REALLY good bird sitting still photo, so this too is a ways off.

--Have my own photo exhibit/show (or participate in a larger one). "Technically" I've done this, but I don't really count it. It was an idea my boss had because she loved some of the photos I'd taken of our new facility, and also an art piece that someone else had done. So we decided to have an "Employee and Family Art Exhibit" that was open to the public for viewing for about a month. It ended up being ALL my family (my photos, my sister's photos, and my son's artwork) except about 4 other pieces. And nothing was for sale.

I'm gonna have to think of some more, maybe some that are achievable in the near future. Oh, I know one:

--Visit Ada and Hardin, OH and document in photos all the stories I've learned of my g'parents and gx2 parents who helped to found those cities. I'm actually planning a trip there this year, I hope in late spring, because I want to take my mother, who is the last one left that remembers many of the people involved. Hoping to meet some McElroys and McCulloughs that we're related to while we're there!

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, Bitter! David Busch came up when I googled, and I borrowed a few ideas from him.

If you google "David Busch Photography Bucket List" there's a link (via safaribooks or something?) and you can read a whole chapter on Photojournalism for free.

Real Bucket List or Dream Bucket List?
Reality is no fun so here's my dream:

Cover of Vogue
Cover of Vanity Fair
Feaure on Vogue
Feature on Vanity Fair
Cover of Playboy
Feature on Playboy

Catalogue for one of these companies: Scotch&Soda Clothing, Burberry, GStarRAW
Assist the following photographers: Ellen von Unwerth, Mario Testino, David LaChapelle

Most reactions

Back