Photography is all about ____________.

Terry, I had to scroll through all the answers til I saw mine in your post. Communication. Lighting, subject, creativity, gear are all must be appropriate for the communication. Unfortunately, too many shots are just mindless snapshots and communicate nothing. Kind of like sitting at a keyboard and hitting a bunch of random keys without first thinking what you are trying to say then using the writing tools and techniques to maximize the message. Same goes for camera position, distance, lighting, what and where things are in the frame. Ansel said nothing is worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy idea. Sharp and well exposed is the harshest critique I can give. My camera on it's own takes sharp well exposed images. The most important part of the camera per Ansel, the 12 inches behind it, make an image.

Terry, I had to scroll through all the answers til I saw mine in your post. Communication. Lighting, subject, creativity, gear are all must be appropriate for the communication. Unfortunately, too many shots are just mindless snapshots and communicate nothing. Kind of like sitting at a keyboard and hitting a bunch of random keys without first thinking what you are trying to say then using the writing tools and techniques to maximize the message. Same goes for camera position, distance, lighting, what and where things are in the frame. Ansel said nothing is worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy idea. Sharp and well exposed is the harshest critique I can give. My camera on it's own takes sharp well exposed images. The most important part of the camera per Ansel, the 12 inches behind it, make an image.

Um, that’s more than one word. :)

Communication is ONE word. My explanaton of it is multiple words. Never been accused of being a man of few words.

Perseverance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back