Photography Project Help

Laika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my final photography class project is coming up. The title of the project is “Age” - and I have been photographing senior dogs for the project.

I am very passionate about senior dogs in rescues - and all the dogs I have taken pictures were either rescued at some time, or are currently in rescue. The question is, I need a way to draw other people in - and make the pictures mean something to people that do not share the love of dogs as I do. (Just like I get nothing out of looking at pictures of cars, I know many people do not get anything out of looking at pictures of dogs or other animals) Just doing portraits of dogs - even nice portraits, is not going to keep many people interested.

So I could use some ideas on how to make the project more interesting. I hate to drop it all together, since this is something I care about - which is why I want to present it in a good way, and hopefully help other people see and understand senior dogs.

maybe you can bring a bit of human interaction into the shots to convey a different feeling?

Seeing them in a sad way might draw people in.

I agree with Melody, people are always attracted to emotion. For example when the ASPCA commercials come on, they suck my gf in all the time lol. Try getting some emotional shots of the animals. Also I think black and white photos would add more impact if you go the emotional route.

Most reactions

Back