Photography Software Proposal - Looking for help

LogicalGeekBoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Firstly, I don't want to be flamed for spamming, so I'll leave out URLs unless somebody asks for them and I hope this is the correct forum.

Anyway, here is the thing. I am the Chief Technical Officer of a small UK based software company. We are currently thinking about creating a new web based application aimed at photographers to help manage their time/clients/equipment/invoices etc. It'll also allow clients to view and order prints online, and basically allow you to manage everything you need to run your business in one online application. It'll be suitable for a "one-man-show" and studios with many photographers and staff.

Is there a need for this kind of management software? And if so, are there any photographers that would like to work with us to help create the perfect application for your needs? I think that too many times companies try to make software without talking to the people that will ultimately use it.

We'd like to make something really cool (using the latest Ajax/web 2.0 technologies) for you guys, but we need your help.

Our idea is to tailor the application for the photography industry so it won't be a general business management system but a first class photography business management system. This fits in well with our existing products and technology.

What we need is an "expert" or two in the industry to help make sure that what we deliver is what photographers need.

If you are interested, please post a reply and we'll let you know how to get involved.

Cheers

Andy

There are a lot of work flow systems out there already. But none combine all the elements needed. My company is shopping for a system that integrates the digital cameras to computers for administrative and yearbook purposes plus the office integration you described. We are looking for something that when we shoot on location we can print sit cards, enter packages, record images, print out bar coded ID's, edit images, create package options, print school administrative and yearbook CD/DVD's and most of what you mentioned.

Would you like to join in on this project? We've setup a google group to discuss ideas and suggestions. This group is invite only, we have a number of members but would like some more. Please email me at: andypike2000[at]hotmail[dot]com for an invite.

Cheers

Andy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back