photoness!

deanx0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am currently working on a new serie of photos that will cover the light rail train system of Denver, and its surrounding areas. I am still debating on which dSLR to get to finish the shooting in low light situation, but here is a sneak preview of what I have done so far.

Taken with a Fujifilm Finepix F30.
yay or nay?

lightrail01.jpg

I like it just maybe its a little overexposed im not sure... :confused:

definitely a yay. Overexposed according to the light metre maybe, but you compensated very well for nice.

Ab$olut said:
I like it just maybe its a little overexposed im not sure... :confused:

I am not sure what would be the right exposure then?

The original shot was very dark. Actually, I set the camera at -2/3 EV most of the time so I can keep as much details to push them in post processing.

I think it looks nice.. when I scroll up and down to see the whole photo I feel like I'm moving with it..LoL.

IrishDame said:
I think it looks nice.. when I scroll up and down to see the whole photo I feel like I'm moving with it..LoL.

I just tryied that... It almost made me sick... lol

Ringo said:
Interesting. I'd personally only keep the bottom half.

Ever since I'd seen this first (yesterday or so) I was thinking the same, and had actually done a "scroll-crop" (if you know what that is?) of the photo blocking out the sun. Works better for me. For all the rest is really good! And no more over-exposure problems to be seen!!! :D Brilliant, isn't it?

LaFoto said:
Ever since I'd seen this first (yesterday or so) I was thinking the same, and had actually done a "scroll-crop" (if you know what that is?) of the photo blocking out the sun. Works better for me. For all the rest is really good! And no more over-exposure problems to be seen!!! :D Brilliant, isn't it?

She's right. Start the crop where the railing meets the edge of the image and then take it up to the left edge of the sun. That and the converging lines below make a more powerful and I think more interesting image.

WOW awesome.. that is all i can say.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back