What's new

Photos for critique

Minds Eye

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 3, 2010
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Location
New Delhi
Sunset at Raj Path

4500671559_b749439d82.jpg


Camera: Canon Digital IXUS 95 IS
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 14.3 mm
ISO Speed: 80
Exposure Bias: -1 EV

Peacock Wall Sculpture, Jaipur

4484483151_8b6ff7297d.jpg


Camera: Canon Digital IXUS 95 IS
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/4.9
Focal Length: 18.6 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
 
One step back in the case of 2 and that peacock's entire chest would have been in the photo, so it'd have turned out even nicer.

The first looks carefully planned and technically well executed, however I, as a viewer who has never been where this photo was taken, can't really make overly much of it. I see a nice silhouette of buildings and street lights, but as it is composed, to me it all seems a bit confusing.

But maybe "confusing" is GOOD?
 
thanks La Foto

I actually did just that but I think the over hanging ledges blocked the light so it turned out a bit different and the top of the tail feather area got cut out too :( so I thought the first one was better.. maybe I should have moved around a bit more to get a better spot to shoot from...

4508522280_23fdb13307.jpg
 
Minds Eye


I like the silhouette look. Especially the black with your golden sun. The gradient of color from the sun to the silhouette is well done. I also like the angle you shot this from.
 
first one was well composed
 
I really like #1, #2 doesn't really do much for me. I think it's hard to take a photo of artwork and make it seem original, if that makes sense.
 
^^ i agree with fokker on that one.
 
I really like #1, #2 doesn't really do much for me. I think it's hard to take a photo of artwork and make it seem original, if that makes sense.

I think I understand, it sort of becomes a mere reproduction of the artwork ?
 
Yeah, I think that what I'm getting at is that for it to have any merits as a photograph on it's own it should incorprorate the artwork into the overall composition rather than have it as the sole subject.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom