Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For those who didn't notice, I was gone for four weeks last month on a study abroad program in Spain. This week I just got all my film back from the developing lab, all neatly scanned to CDs so I could post them online. I have just finished putting them all up on my website, so I'd like to recommend you all check it out. I have some really nice shots up there (IMHO). The photos from my trip are logically placed in the folder labeled "**Photos from Spain**". I also have a few shots from a couple of other previous trips, as well as some very wierd shots of my strange friends, but those are mostly just up there for other people to view ;). Anyway, he url for the gallery is:
http://skyo.us/passion/

Also, here are some of my random favorites for those who don't want to go through the whole site:

There were a lot of stray dogs there:
passion_181.jpg

This is my favorite shot of all:
passion_91.jpg

Some classmates:
passion_59.jpg

Some more classmates:
passion_54.jpg

Hey, welcome back, Unimaxium!
So you had a chance to spend 4 whole weeks in Andalucia? ENVY. How I wish I was 20 years younger again and back there! I went to a language school on the coast (whereas I assume you were located in Granada?) in 1985 and returned twice the year after that, showed my then husband-to-be the area in 1988 - and have never been down there since :(.
Your photos of Las Alpujarras (on your site) give me a huge yearning!
They were still an "insider tip" 20 years ago - I gather they are on each and every travel itinerary these days?

I might share some of my Spain-photos with you on here, if you are interested? I have been to Las Alpujarras more than once.
They are all on slides though. Scanning them will take some time...

Hey nice shots! spain must have been muy bueno :D :D :D
nice shots of your classmates..
although the second is awesome.. love the interplay of light and shade.. and the figure towards the end to where your eye leads you.. pretty darn neat. There prob can be many interpretations to this shot, could tell ya a story .. well done
i love the doggie shot too.. love the way you've gone down to his/her level.. and the people in the bg..
cool shots :thumbsup:

funny, i also have a picture of a stray dog from when i was in granada. i could swear that dog looks exactly the same too.

maybe it is???

LaFoto said:
Hey, welcome back, Unimaxium!
So you had a chance to spend 4 whole weeks in Andalucia? ENVY. How I wish I was 20 years younger again and back there! I went to a language school on the coast (whereas I assume you were located in Granada?) in 1985 and returned twice the year after that, showed my then husband-to-be the area in 1988 - and have never been down there since :(.
Your photos of Las Alpujarras (on your site) give me a huge yearning!
They were still an "insider tip" 20 years ago - I gather they are on each and every travel itinerary these days?

I might share some of my Spain-photos with you on here, if you are interested? I have been to Las Alpujarras more than once.
They are all on slides though. Scanning them will take some time...

Yes, I stayed in Granada. It really is a beautiful city. It's pretty touristy, especially because there's the Alhambra, which is a huge tourist attraction. But it is still very nice, and staying for 4 weeks with a Spanish host family really lets you see what Spanish life is like. It is nice to actually visit a foreign place and not feel very much like a tourist.

And I would love to see some of your photos. I'd definately like to see more of the Alpujarras. Feel free to post some here if you want.

Me gustan mucho, especialmente las de blanco y negro.
La primera de blanco y negro me parece espectacular. La composicion y el tratamiento, creo que son excelentes.
Te felicito

I like much, specially those of black and white. First of black and white it seems to me spectacular. The composition and the treatment, I believe that they are excellent. I congratulate to you

Most reactions

Back