Photos from this morning. C&C Please!

OGDaniel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Scene of the sun barely coming out over the mountains.
CIMG1229.jpg

2. Sideyard
CIMG1239.jpg

3. Green
CIMG1249.jpg

4. Same subject as 3, closer up
CIMG1252.jpg

I'm essentially an amateur. C&C would be great :)

The bottom two look slanted which with houses, horizons and buildings that can be tricky. Once it is off though it can be very distracting and kill a decent shot.

Personally the weeds aren't my thing, the second shot is boring, almost like a shot for an insurance claim or something.

I guess I just don't know what I am looking for in the picture? I was kind of confused. look forward to seeing more shots I know it is kind of hard to find something great to take a picture of sometimes when you are do excited to use the camera :)

I guess I just don't know what I am looking for in the picture? I was kind of confused. look forward to seeing more shots I know it is kind of hard to find something great to take a picture of sometimes when you are do excited to use the camera :)

Nothing wrong with going out and taking pictures. Some you will realize are uninteresting, some may end up being useless or unusable. Yet that is okay, especially with digital equipment. All it takes is to hit a button or right-click and select "delete".

That being said, I kind of like the second shot; especially the brick wall and the neighbouríng house's shadow falling upon yours. Am sure you will notice things in your own photos that appeal to you (or not).

I am very new to photography and I realize not everyone will like everything that I find interesting or significant. I know that to advance myself in photography I need to work harder and not just take a couple photos and expect people to praise me as some brilliant artist.
Thanks all for the comments, and expect more from me :)

I am a newbie myself, but I am learning fast from this forum. So, if you allow me ...

First, let's get the "bad" out of the way:

If you take random shots and ask for C&C, you can't expect much.

Having said that, I think that you might have a "theme" in there: weeds - since there are weeds in at least 3 of the four pictures (I can't tell much about the first one.)

One interesting possibility would be to take some pictures from the weeds' point of view (i.e. get on the ground) - possibly using a short focal length to have the weeds in focus and the background blurry.

I also think that with the light you had, you might want to edit the photos for more contrast (Picasa from Google is free and it's pretty good for adding shadows and highlights.) You might also experiment with the black-and-white filter on Picasa. I find that if the light is boring, sometimes B&W can be your best friend.

Just some advice from an only-slightly-more-experienced-newbie.

Ciao,

Alberto

Most reactions

Back