photos neat monterey, ca

thebigbillybob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey i have these to images i took near monterey, ca on the 17 mile drive and i want to get some opinions as i am looking to print them.
lonecypresssmall.jpg

pierSMALL.jpg

thank you

bump. please leave me some feedback i see some views but i really want some feedback any good or bad thanks

hi there.. just some really quick thoughts before i call it a night:

#1 This is a nice compostion. The horizon (the ocean here) is diagonal not horizontal. Something is bothering me about tonality of the image. But the composition is nice. Monterey looks lovely

#2. It think the tones, perhaps the contrast is a bit wrong here, notice how its very hard to the tell hte black post on the wharf from the land mass in the background. The sky is washed out here too. Again the tones are bothering me... It seems like the whites of the picture are sort of a murky grey. I like the misty feel of the pic, but i think the boats here need to be seen more, they are hidden behind the wharf fence.

anyways, thanks for sharing those!

that might be the color setting on my comp cuz it looks just right on on mine but not on my pc but the laptop it looks awesome so yea i dunno i know what u mean about the clouds on the second one i like it but still so is i looking kinda mirky brownish?

Most reactions

Back