Photos of Abby

Nice shots!
It could be my monitor, but I think it would help if you lightened up the eyes a tad on the first shot - they seem to be in shadow, and her eyes are gorgeous :) She looks more like 14 than 8 to me, maybe it's the lip gloss?

Nice shots!
It could be my monitor, but I think it would help if you lightened up the eyes a tad on the first shot - they seem to be in shadow, and her eyes are gorgeous :) She looks more like 14 than 8 to me, maybe it's the lip gloss?

She could very well pass for 14, she has the sass for it lol... I actually didn't put lipgloss on her because she has a chapstick addiction lol so it wasn't needed. I know how she feels, I carry chapstick in my pocket at all times!

Wow; I certainly would have pegged her for a lot older than eight. As far as C&C, the only thing I have to say, not already mentioned, is the background in #1 is rather distracting. Yes, it's fairly soft, but still focused enough to be recognizable, and with the angle, it really grabs my eye.

Wow; I certainly would have pegged her for a lot older than eight. As far as C&C, the only thing I have to say, not already mentioned, is the background in #1 is rather distracting. Yes, it's fairly soft, but still focused enough to be recognizable, and with the angle, it really grabs my eye.
Could I adjust my aperture to soften the background? I think I read that somewhere. If so which direction should I go? Thanks so much :)

Could I adjust my aperture to soften the background? I think I read that somewhere. If so which direction should I go? Thanks so much :)

The larger the aperture, (smaller number) the less DoF you will have; since you were already at f5.6, you probably couldn't have opened it up too much further; in that case look around for different backgrounds. Ideally you want something smooth, soft and homegenous like a green hedge. Try doing a series in manual, set your daughter up in one positioon and try all the various combinations of shutter speed and aperture that you can (not that shutter speed will make a difference for these types of shot as long as you don't go below about 1/60th) to see what the different effects are.

seen your pics across the forum..just adore them....

the eyes are stunning in the last shot..that is my favourite

Ditto, although they're all pretty outstanding.

I really like the B & W shots, those shots take out the "lip gloss/chap stick" that is in most of your photos (not a fan of the lip gloss on little girls) with that said #3 is stunning and I don't say that for many photos. Nice job!

I love the last two! I agree in the first you could lighten her eyes just a tad. Nice job... I really like your style.

Too much makeup. Just kidding. Sorry, couldn't resist. :lmao:

Seriously, you did a nice job. White balance is better in the color photos, and detail is very good. I agree that you could brighten the eyes a bit more in #1, and be careful not to block the left eye in #3. A little retouching on the forehead in #2 would also help. I usually try to clean up stray hairs, such as in #4 as well.

Good job.

HAHAHA to the makup comment - well played :D

as always amazing.....love them! will agree with the background comment on #1 - it does grab my eye.

Too much makeup. Just kidding. Sorry, couldn't resist. :lmao:

Seriously, you did a nice job. White balance is better in the color photos, and detail is very good. I agree that you could brighten the eyes a bit more in #1, and be careful not to block the left eye in #3. A little retouching on the forehead in #2 would also help. I usually try to clean up stray hairs, such as in #4 as well.

Good job.

hardy har har LOL thanks for the comments

Most reactions

New Topics

Back