Photos of NYC

jimy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took the wife on a weekend getaway for her bday. I'm no pro at photography but I'm in the learning proccess. Photos were edited with the a software I had. Not even sure If If was editing right. Little or nothing was done to the photos. I don't know how to use photoshop. Pictures may not be the greatest but they look okay to me as a noob.
One problem I had was that my colors were sometimes off. When I shot indoors, the lighting made my photos a little yellow and soft. I didn't have a lot of time to adjust the settings so I did what I could on the go.
Pictures were shot with Canon T1i with 24-105L lens.
Grand Central Station
NYC172.jpg

Subway. Its scary down there.
NYC307.jpg

Time Square
NYC177.jpg

Staute of Liberty
NYC236.jpg

Closed port to Statue of Liberty
NYC274.jpg

Rockefeller Center
NYC422.jpg

NYFD in China Town
NYC149.jpg

China town
NYC069.jpg

Dim sum in china town. Best dim sum I ever ate.
NYC089.jpg

NYC096.jpg

Took a picture from the window of my hotel.
NYC062.jpg

Booted Integra in China Town
NYC162.jpg

well first, off its too bad you didn't have nice weather. NYC is a great place to be out and about when the sun is shining.

it seems that you see the problems with your pictures so i won't even bother

you took some good pics for yourself, next time try getting some snaps of things people wouldn't stereotypically see

well first, off its too bad you didn't have nice weather. NYC is a great place to be out and about when the sun is shining.

it seems that you see the problems with your pictures so i won't even bother

you took some good pics for yourself, next time try getting some snaps of things people wouldn't stereotypically see

Thanks for the tip.. I guess I found out that I needed a gray card filter.

Close to closing. Random people just laying all over the place.
NYC023.jpg

Random photo when I was on my way to a comedy show.
NYC044.jpg

Market from China Town
NYC171.jpg

NYC170.jpg

Yummy Frog leggs.
NYC322.jpg

Pictures of the bay from the balcony of The Stutue of Liberty. I had to climb 168 flight of stairs to get up there since the elevator is broken until further notice.
NYC264.jpg

NYC273.jpg

NYC335.jpg

NYC445.jpg

Looks like a place where people can get raped at night.
NYC143.jpg

Saw these signs all over the place on the sidewalk. So its illegal to stand around?
NYC155.jpg

Main Grand Central Lobby
NYC444.jpg

Picture of my hotel lobby. It had scary little children on the wall.
NYC400.jpg

Last edited:
Second set was much better, nice.

2vnrhc6.jpg

Just playing around with the colors : p

That would be a cool picture if to see if the sun was actually setting.

Second shots much better. Cool shots, looks like you had a good trip. Standing is basically like parking, but with your car running and usually someone inside it still. They could probably just put no parking signs up, but who knows. Its probably a different fine amount for standing vs. parking.

As a former New Yorker, I think you caught the spirit of the city very well. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Great job jimy!! I love the photos! Can't say too much to change. :thumbup: :)

For a lot of the places, I wish I had a wide angle lens or a fish eye lens. I could of had some great shots.

Nice shots! These get me more excited for my up and coming trip to NYC next week!!! :smileys:Cant wait!!!:headbang:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back