Photos of the Oregon Coast...Whaddya think?

trbo187

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
3384%3B88%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D35%3B%3D629%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437736%3A38ot1lsi

3384%3B88%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D35%3B%3D629%3Dxroqdf%3E2323437736%3A37ot1lsi

I'm trying to learn...so pull no punches.

I like the second one, but it looks like it is a bit overexposed, so the detail in the white water is lost. You may want to try bracketing your exposures (assuming you are working with a camera that has manual controls).

I like the composition on it though. Keep shooting!

I agree with the c-man. It definitely looks overexposed. But otherwise a pretty nice pic. I might crop a little bit of the extra ocean tho.

The first one seems to lack focus, like I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. It's not very interesting as a landscape and doesn't offer much else. Also the horizon is almost in the middle of the frame, which generally doesn't make for the best composition.

What beach did you take them at? How did you like my fine state? :)

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the beach, it is south of Newport. These photo's were taken with my G3. I have since loaned that to my sister and am now shooting with an Elan 7e. Bracketing is something that I have yet to do, however I think it will serve me well shooting wildlife in iffy lighting conditions.

Thanks a ton for the feedback. Composition is something that I am currently trying to master. Any hints or rules of thumb I should know about composition?

Yes, The Oregon Coast is beautiful, lots of cliffs and rock overlooking the water, makes for great pics.

I wouldn't have caught that the second one was over exposed till the others mentioned it. It is, but I don't notice it as much as they do. Though I don't think it's so much over-exposure as too slow a shutter speed, at least so far as I can tell.

I also agree the composition on the first one is good, but I'd rater it better than good. I truly like it.

The first one has a slight perspective problem

I think the object in the sand is too blended in with the hill. Had you put some sand between the hill and that object, it would probably have worked better...

Most reactions

Back