Photoshop and Shine

bullshark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shining, sweaty foreheads. Anyone have any good Photoshop techniques to remove it? My results are less than decent, I tried a few different things. Thanks..

It depends on the image... Could you post it?

yep give me a sec, I'll post it up..

DSC_0197.png

She sent me this photo, asked me if I could take the uber shine from the center of her dome. Can't get anything that I like. Thanks

while your at it....whoever attempts...maybe get the gum out too (is that possible?)

i second that ^

OK, I gave it a try.

Untitled-2-1.jpg

`First, I adjusted the curves, lightening it up.
`The gum was bugging me, so I used the Sponge tool to desaturate it, and now it's less distracting - it almost looks like her teeth. I also used this tool to whiten up their teeth :)
`To get rid of the shine/glare, I mostly relied on the Patch tool (it's one of the Healing Brush options) For her forehead, don't select it all at once. I did it in 4 or 5 parts, using the upper right part of her forehead to switch it with. I used this techique on her cheeks, too.
`There were some spots, like on their noses, that I used the Clone Stamp tool on. I set to a low opacity (~40%) and used a soft brush.
`For fun, I also minimized the tan line on Mmagnetic Lasso tool to select the two, feathered the selection, inverted it, and darkened the background.

Hope some of that is useful :)

i actually gavet his a try, but it pretty much looks like what k8 came up with, but i used lightroom. Gj k8

great job K8, thanks.. Yea the gum was a pain, and in my edited version I actually cloned it out. Both methods did great to get rid of it. Great job on the flash too.. I just couldnt get it to look right. Thanks for takin the time, i appreciate. And great explanation too!

Thanks, and no problem :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back