photoshop clone feature

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
okay not the clone feature but....I remember reading a thread about how to select the area to be cloned then do a certain action and ps 'smart edits' or whatever to clone out the selection (rather than using the clone tool). Does this make any sense? I need to know the name of the action so I can google a tutorial/directions!! Thanks in advance :)

patch tool.

Joe

You can use the healing brush and set it to 'content aware' (check box) and it may get you what you want.

But what I think you're specifically asking about is 'content aware fill'.
Select the area, and go to 'Fill' (in the edit menu, I think) and choose 'content aware'. The shortcut is shift+delete.

There is also content aware scaling. Good for stretching out areas (or shrinking them) but not really for getting rid of objects.

Thanks! My results:

$IMG_5341.jpg

super strong rope climbing baby
$noah rope climbing.jpg

When you need to reconstruct an edge (the bottom of the pants). Try the clone stamp, sampling other parts of the edge. Then go back and clean up the rest.

yeah it wasn't perfect...but I wasn't really looking for perfect :lol: not like its an award winning image or something ;)

When you need to reconstruct an edge (the bottom of the pants). Try the clone stamp, sampling other parts of the edge. Then go back and clean up the rest.

ahhhh good idea yeah that part was the hardest part. I'll have to go back and work on that a bit more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back