Photoshop cs3 50$ worth it

Kbarredo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So a friend of mine is offering me his adobe cs3 for 50$. I currently have elements 9. Is this an upgrade or downgrade. Is it worth it? Its never been opened he says its that they messed up on his order and sent him 2 by accident. Even though they only charged him for one.

I heard it was cs3 was 4 years old so I wasnt sure

You should let me buy it instead!

If it's a real copy, that's fantastic. Plus I think you can upgrade for something like $100 but I could be wrong on that one.

I love Cs3. I have played around a little bit with each cs4 and Cs5 and never found a reason to upgrade that I would use.

The only reason why i will use CS5 over CS3 is:

Content aware fill
HDR Pro
I think the RAW editor on CS5 is a bit better than CS3.

Otherwise, I am happy with CS3 for photo editing purpose.
$50 is a steal!

If you can registered that copy, for $50, it is really a steal! You can easily turn around and sell it back if you don't like it.

Go fot it, it will make you a pro. :thumbup:

By keeping the extra copy sent to them, your 'friend' is being dishonest. Be careful of 'friends' like that.

The current release of Photoshop is CS5, so something doesn't sound right, unless your 'friend' has been holding onto the 'extra' for quite some time.

Elements 9 supports the consumer version of ACR 6. CS3 supports ACR 4. Your D5000 requires at least ACR 5.4, so CS3 will not open D5000 Raw files.

By keeping the extra copy sent to them, your 'friend' is being dishonest. Be careful of 'friends' like that.

The current release of Photoshop is CS5, so something doesn't sound right, unless your 'friend' has been holding onto the 'extra' for quite some time.

Elements 9 supports the consumer version of ACR 6. CS3 supports ACR 4. Your D5000 requires at least ACR 5.4, so CS3 will not open D5000 Raw files.
Good catch :thumbup:

It was purchased from a third party seller. His order was late and they thought it was lost in the mail so they sent another one. They both arrived at the same time. I also don't shoot in raw I know call me noob if u want.

If that is the case, it better wait a little bit and let your friend know you are still interested in getting the software. The seller may ask to ship the product back since it is a mistake. It depends on the seller. One time, a seller ask me to ship the mistake product back to them (pre-paid shipping) when the shipping cost alone cost more than the item itself.

Most reactions

Back