Photoshop Elements 6 and my iMac

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a while... still been shooting, but haven't had much time to peruse the net lately! Anyway, I have Photoshop Elements 6 and an iMac. How do I set up my photos (which now automatically show up in iPhoto when I dump them from my camera) to auto import into Photoshop Elements instead? I have a workaround, but it's a pain, so I was hoping someone could help me! TIA!

~jenn

Yep elements has a full catalogue built into it. The PS side is aimed very much at photo manipulation so the more powerful tools that PS has are cut down (layers for example are much simpler overall). BUT the catalogue is much nicer than the iphoto one.

interesting... i just have photoshop cs4, so i cant really help you.. but i do recommend checking out a free trial of adobe light room.. it catalogs and edits.. very good program... since i started using it, i almost never use photoshop anymore

Jenn,

Here's what the Elements guide says, "To open photos from another source, use the Photo Downloader in Adobe Bridge, or use the Photoshop Elements Import option or the Welcome screen to select the image’s source."

Set the Downloader preference in your Bridge Prferences pane.

Also, in iPhoto preference, check "when connecting camera open with Bridge."

That should do it.

I have the same setup, except my Macs are a Macbook and an ancient G4. Both now running Leopard and the new iLife and iWork. I'm waiting on delivery of my new PS CS4 that I just ordered.

Most reactions

Back