Photoshop question: Color profile

Keep in mind what you want to do with the image for example i find that on cannon pixima printers the Adobe 1998 RGB colour space prints most accuratly to what you see on screen.

www.rossimages.co.za

Keep in mind what you want to do with the image for example i find that on cannon pixima printers the Adobe 1998 RGB colour space prints most accuratly to what you see on screen.

Either you have a PiXMA Pro printer (yummy :) ) or it must be an incidental affect because even Canon's best of the standard and advanced range of PiXMA printers have a colour space that is smaller than the sRGB gamut. Typically you'd want to use Adobe RGB once you progress to crazy 10 colour printers, or a chemical printer rather than an inkjet. Certainly you won't need AdobeRGB for any printer under about ... the $600 mark (actual figure quoted from a place the sun doesn't shine).

What printer do you have? If it's not one of the Pro series then your results could be indicative of a driver problem.

/EDIT: And to add to that for general info too, if you use a colour space wider than sRGB always keep the file in 16bit.

I tried convert to profile but the final image still looks desaturated. Again, this is not a problem when I am using CS5.

Untitled-2-5.jpg

Here's how my CS4 is set up. Also when i save the file i save it with the checkmark in ICC profile box.

untitled.jpg

Most reactions

Back