photoshop resizing problem

I don't use PSP Jadin. I've never seen bicubic resampling ever make an image look bad in Photoshop, if you are making it smaller. Never. Maybe PSP has a problem with it.

I just use Image Size and make sure the x is linked to the y it will figure the width vs height automatically. But like i said I use smart blur or one of the other blur tools first.

Has anybody told you to RAISE the RESOLUTION yet? It sounds obvious to me but you might be set to a 72 DPI default. Set it to 200, 300 or 600 depending on the quality you are looking for.

ferny said:
Does it look grainy or are you really seeing jagged lines?
Think about this, get a piece of cloth 6"x6" and lay it flat on a surface. Now push the sides in until it is 3"x3". Not flat is it?
A similar thing happens when you make an image smaller. Except because it's 2d and not 3d the bits of cloth poking up in the air get thrown away. As a result, perfect circles and straight angled lines became jagged. Straight horizontal and vertical lines are fine. So the loss in quality of certain images doesn't always notice. At other times, it can ruin the entire photo.
The more you resize the image, the more that gets thrown away the worse it looks. Photoshop is very good at resizing images.

I thought they were talking about "jaggies" too. Someone once told me if you resize the picture in small increments, this won't happen. Seems to work for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back