Photoshop .. What one?????

thebutler4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess that would depend on the picture .. I don't know .. maybe I will just stay with Gimp .. the only problem is if you ever want to remove something from a photograph I don't think Gimp will do that ..

Photoshop is much more powerful .. but I don't know if I can fork out the 700 bucks on it .. I just have a hard time with that ...

Most image editors will allow you to remove something ... but I think you are looking for a way to remove an object and have the background cloned ... CS5 has the new content-aware healing tool.

Photoshop CS5 Extended can do 3D edits, very cool stuff, and scientific tasks. Retail is $999 but buyers that qualify for student/teacher pricing can get it for $199, an 80% discount. If you qualify, get CS5 Extended.

CS5 and CS5 Extended both come with Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw (ACR 6)

CS5 lacks the 3D and scientific features Extended has but is normally only $699 retail. There is no student/teacher version.

Lightroom 3's main function is image database/catalog management and was designed by Adobe as a suppliment to CS5/CS5 Extended. The edit rendering engine in Lightroom 3 is the same ACR 6 CS5/CS5 Extended have. Full retail is $299, the Student Edition is $99.

Elements 9 is the consumer version of Photoshop and is de-featured to the the point it only has about 40% of CS5's capabilities. The inability to do 16 bit depth edits is very limiting.

Premier 9 adds a consumer grade video editing capability to Elements 9.

GIMP, like Elements, is limited to 8-bit depth edits.

In case you're not aware of what bit-depth is about: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/bit-depth.htm

Last edited:
Thanks KmH .. that link is great! .. I learned something new today .. thats a good thing!

Most reactions

Back