voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry folks. Someone had double posted and instead of deleting the duplicate post, I deleted the thread. My bad.

original posting was as follows in case anyone wants to continue...

Originally posted by Karalee
Not to sound cheap but im fairly new to photography and started a thread a while ago to see who though what was the best photo editing software. Come to find CS is the best, but my question is can i buy version 4.0 and buy the upgrade to CS instead of paying the $699 for the full package or will that not work?

Originally posted by Goofup
I'd check the CS box for upgrade requirements, but I'm sure I read somewhere that only versions 5.5 or above qualify.

Originally posted by Drlynn
I think goofup is right. Most companies will only allow you to upgrade from so many levels back.
And CS is best, but that doesn't mean that suddenly PS 6 and PS 7 are worthless. If you can find a good deal on one of those, you might want to consider that option, unless you need the 16-bit features on CS.

Originally posted by Voodoocat
I wouldn't say that CS is best. It has the most features but Photoshop 7 runs better. With software newer versions don't mean better.

Originally posted by Me :wink:
i always thought 5 was the best... but am getting used to 7 and it's muchly good. A mate of mine says he has a few problems with CS so I'm happy with my 5 on one mac and 7 on the other

Originally posted by Osmer_Toby
hmmmm. if you're new to photo editing software, i'd go with photoshop elements and learn the basics first. you will probably spend a few months perfecting that, then you can jump up to ps 7 or cs. elements is really good for teaching yourself how to crawl, before you try to run with the more advanced versions. too, elements is significantly cheaper (often part of bundled software with other digital photo equipment... and thus free)

:lol: Back to the original thread....

I agree that starting with Elements to learn some of the basics before you jump to PS7 or PSCS is a good idea. Elements is a little more intuitive and you have fewer confusion factors to deal with. Photoshop has a big learning curve. If you don't know anything about especially Adobe photo editing tools and techniques, Photoshop can be very intimidating. It is, however, the most flexible and powerful Photo and Graphics editing software out there, it's just not real intuitive or user-friendly.

By the way, I'm running Photoshop CS with no issues or problems whatsoever. One word of advice though. Before you buy and install Photoshop CS, read the System Requirements carefully and make sure your system meets or exceeds those requirements. They aren't kidding and it's not just "suggestions". Photoshop CS is a resource hog. However, if your system can handle it, it is an unbeatable piece of software.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back