Piano Shots for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Piano.jpg

Piano2.jpg

I think the DOF is a bit shallow in #1, though only a little bit. You can still make out the fact that it's a piano, but it would be nice to make it a bit more obvious.

Yeah, I just got this 50 lens so I am still trying to use as much of the 1.8 as I can lol. I have to quit doing that.

Any other c&c please?

The first shot I can tell that the dof was done in photoshop, the second one is a good photo, but perhaps it could be improved by getting even closer to the plane of the keys for a more dramatic effect.

Yeah, I just got this 50 lens so I am still trying to use as much of the 1.8 as I can lol. I have to quit doing that.

It's the general consensus that no lens performs it's best at wide open. I'm not sure why you would want to use it at f1.8 just because you can. Try using the correct aperture for the shot and stop worrying about the capabilities of the lens.

The first shot I can tell that the dof was done in photoshop, the second one is a good photo, but perhaps it could be improved by getting even closer to the plane of the keys for a more dramatic effect.

The DOF was not accomplished using Photoshop.

The DOF was not accomplished using Photoshop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back