Pic from tonight, C&C

Lockeseven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I was out shooting tonight and wanted to share a pic with you that I was especially happy with. This was taken at around 2am. Let me know what you think =)

1. f/3.5 20 sec ISO-400
DSC_0975sized.jpg

It's very... orange.

What was the White Balance set to? Auto? Try setting it to incandessant to get rid of some of the orange. If you shoot in RAW, you can use the "Temperature" slider in Adobe Camera RAW to fix the colors some, too.

Here's a 5 minute edit for example:

unoranged.jpg

That's great advice, thanks! I haven't even gotten into white balance yet, just primarily been exploring the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. Btw, your editing job looks beautiful!

Good advice from LCARSx32 right there, lesson learned huh. Also what I noticed is your ISO is set to 400. A little high in my opinion, depending on what rig you're using try ISO100 your ornagy tinge might go a little lighter. Love the editing job too, so weird how a 5 minut edit can do so much. Quick question is there a way to do this in Picasa3 ?

So I tried my hand at editing the pic myself and here's what I came up with. But personally I think I just prefer the shot in BW...

DSC_0975edit2.jpg

DSC_0975BW.jpg

It does make a nice b&w conversion.

I agree with what Bram said about the ISO. If you're already doing a several second exposure, might as well lower the ISO and do a few seconds more. The higher the ISO, the higher the level of noise. However, in your case, it doesn't seem to have affected the image.

Lot of work on that yard with all of the edging but nice pic and I do like the B&W and the edit

Most reactions

Back