What's new

pic

if the intended center of interest is the stuff on the far shore, composition is off, imo. poorly framed.
image as presented is flat and under processed.

I would demonstrate but your profile is marked as 'no edit'
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
if the intended center of interest is the stuff on the far shore, composition is off, imo. poorly framed.
image as presented is flat and under processed.

I would demonstrate but your profile is marked as 'no edit'
it has no center of interest. scenic shot. dulled near bw. framing, is intentional. flat and underprocessed. I might agree with you on this. I have another version I brought up the contrast, shadows and color in. im not sure which one I like better but the latter I wasn't really a large fan of either. I sent this one to get printed. Pick it up in a hour couple hours. if I don't like it, ill take your advice on the flat and underprocessed because I was kind of thinking the same thing. You just kind of concreted my own thoughts. I just don't have a good eye for this on what is "preferably". OR maybe I should just make it bw it is already 90 percent there?
Thanks.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
BW is not the solution for a dull, flat print.
You end up with a dull flat b&w.
bring up the contrast and brighten it a little. not as dull. no??
 
I wouldn't go B&W. I would try to turn the grey more into white, lighten those up, and get more detail in the stones in the front. A lot of detail is lost because they are too dark.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
I wouldn't go B&W. I would try to turn the grey more into white, lighten those up, and get more detail in the stones in the front. A lot of detail is lost because they are too dark.
thanks
 
Maybe you should post for C&C before you print. It would save you some $$$.
 
I think this may work with a bit of more contrast and in sepia, with a hint of feel of sorrow emotionally. IMO.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom