Picasa 3 Software

hlidskjalf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm using the free Picasa 3 software to organize all of my photos on my PC. I have a few questions about this program that I can't seem to find answers to in the help menu. What I'm trying to do is organize all of my family photos and share them with other family members that have the same program on their home PC's. So far, I've gone through my photos and created a ton of albums and people albums within the program. What I would like to do is to be able to transfer all of these photos to my other family members PC's and have all of this data transfer over. I can't seem to figure out a way to do this.

I've tried to upload the albums to the online albums so they could download, but for some reason only the captions upload with the picture. I can't seem to figure out a way for the 'faces' to upload as well. Is there a way to do this? There is an option to "Download name tags from online albums" but I can't figure out a way to upload all of the work I did.

Basically, I just want to organize all the photos into albums, label all of the people in each photo, and then once they're copied or uploaded, have all of this data transfer over.

Also, I can't figure out a way to change the profile picture in the people albums. In the help menu it says this:

Change profile photos: You can change the photo displayed next to each album in the People collection. Just right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) the face you'd like to use and select Set as Album Thumbnail.
I've tried this, but when I right-click on a photo, it doesn't give me this option. What am I doing wrong?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back