Pick a Picture and talk about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be the first to say that the military are a bunch of puppets doing there masters bidding..:)

Thanks for saying what I didn't want to say in order to not start a flame war. :thumbup:

Spoken like a couple of cowards. Shocking.

You find it shocking that someone has a view that isn't similar to yours? I'm a coward for not abiding by your standard political views?

I suggest this gets locked before the flaming really starts. :meh:

EDIT: At the photo above, I like it even though I can't put my finger as to why I do.
What are you even talking about? Do you know, or are you just trying to be controversial? At this point you just seem ignorant, and I do agree this should be locked before it gets out of hand...

You have my attention now.

Spoken like a couple of cowards. Shocking.

You find it shocking that someone has a view that isn't similar to yours? I'm a coward for not abiding by your standard political views?

I suggest this gets locked before the flaming really starts. :meh:

EDIT: At the photo above, I like it even though I can't put my finger as to why I do.

It's not about differing views, and you can't fool me by pretending it is... It's about your blatant insult aimed at members of our armed forces. Being a spinless coward, you can sit behind a screen and spew your ****, but I'd bet you couldn't say it to the face of any of our servicemembers.

And yep I hope this gets locked before I get myself banned.

What are you even talking about? Do you know, or are you just trying to be controversial? At this point you just seem ignorant, and I do agree this should be locked before it gets out of hand...

You have my attention now.

I know what I'm talking about. I could write out my ideas like I wanted to from the second I saw this post but I won't because I'll start some flame war over who's right and who's wrong. Or in this case I'll be fueling the spark into the actual fire.

Lets leave it at just a spark. I will say this, though; pictures like this that contain images of war and politics should be kept out of the forum. It's like posting a picture that deals with religion. Contrasting ideals are bound to clash and the result is usually not pretty.

It's not about differing views, and you can't fool me by pretending it is... It's about your blatant insult aimed at members of our armed forces. Being a spinless coward, you can sit behind a screen and spew your ****, but I'd bet you couldn't say it to the face of any of our servicemembers.

And yep I hope this gets locked before I get myself banned.

It's not? I'm pretty sure it is. You view the war on "terrorism" as a good thing while I view it as something else. I'm pretty sure this is about conflicting views. And yes, I would gladly share my view on the topic in a civilized manner with anyone whether it be face to face or via the internet. I'm not hating on those that serve, although I see where I might have come across as doing so, but I do not often hold back on expressing my views on the war they are fighting. If anything, you are the one that's insulting them by supporting them dying over oil rather than fighting to really keep this country free.

Feel free to keep this conversation going by means of PMing me if you wish. I like a debate as long as it doesn't get me and others banned. ;)

Last edited:
It's not? I'm pretty sure it is.

Nope, it isn't.

You view the war on "terrorism" as a good thing while I view it as something else.

Don't pretend to know my views. Nothing I have said shows my views on anything political-related.

I'm pretty sure this is about conflicting views. And yes, I would gladly share my view on the topic in a civilized manner with anyone whether it be face to face or via the internet.

Would you call a Marine a blind sheep to his face? Please do, and videotape it, I'd love to see the result.

I'm not hating on those that serve,

LOL.

If anything, you are the one that's insulting them by supporting them dying over oil rather than fighting to really keep this country free.

Again, you don't know jack about my views and what I do or don't support.

Your oil comment just reinforces my sentiment that you're an ignorant **** who should be hanging out at Democratic Underground.

I'm done, and you're now on ignore.

Thanks for keeping it to PMs. The name-calling and lack of self control sure says tons about your maturity and ignorance. ;)

Hey Felix, this is a forum for PHOTOGRAPHY-- You must have mixed us up with your political forum. Gesh, pay attention--

Mr Wee- I like your picture. I sense the fear of the unknown by those Soldiers.. Which I understand (I was married to a Marine for 8 years)

Dom- Your picture- WOW- That must have been AWESOME!!

As you were boys.

Hey Felix, this is a forum for PHOTOGRAPHY-- You must have mixed us up with your political forum. Gesh, pay attention--

Mr Wee- I like your picture. I sense the fear of the unknown by those Soldiers.. Which I understand (I was married to a Marine for 8 years)

Dom- Your picture- WOW- That must have been AWESOME!!

As you were boys.

Yep somehow a good photo critique and thoughts got turned into a bunch of people acting like kids...and mud slinging.

Somehow the original topic got dropped.

Good photo, it says so much.

Thank you for posting it.

I wasn't the one to start flaming with name-calling and ignorance. Lets not point fingers now, shall we? And for someone who wants to keep this post as a photographic-inclined one, you sure keep fanning the flames.

Please point out a "picture of war"... I'll wait Mr Rodriguez......

Am I the only that's looking at a picture of American soldiers on what looks like foreign soil? Is common sense not being activated by the description of the OP's post?

Well, if we were talking about critique, the photo is ok.

I mean, it's somewhat blown out and rather soft, and it seems like nobody is really paying what I would call rapt attention to the captain who is talking about being observant. I think the context of the image tells a story, but the image itself is a little weak.

I do like the idea of posting an image and discussing its context a bit and I will try to find an image to post later.

This thread is done being photographic in nature. It was done at post #7, when that asinine comment was made.

This thread is done being photographic in nature. It was done at post #7, when that asinine comment was made.

And instead of letting someone else express a different view, you had to go out of your way to let everyone know that any view but your own is foolish and ridiculous. That's usually what starts the flame war.

And as my cold medicine starts to kick in and the letters start getting blurry, I leave you with this: "I may not agree with what you say, but I'm willing to fight to the death for you to say it." Ask me to fight for someone's unknown political agenda, however, and I'll refuse.

Nighty night. Hopefully this is locked by the time I wake up tomorrow.

And instead of letting someone else express a different view, you had to go out of your way to let everyone know that any view but your own is foolish and ridiculous. That's usually what starts the flame war.

And as my cold medicine starts to kick in and the letters start getting blurry, I leave you with this: "I may not agree with what you say, but I'm willing to fight to the death for you to say it." Ask me to fight for someone's unknown political agenda, however, and I'll refuse.

Nighty night. Hopefully this is locked by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Alright you have your views great, but that does not mean you have to be blatantly disrespectful to someone that is putting his life at risk to protect the country YOU live in.

I respect that you have the right to have your own views. I do not respect the fact that you would go out of your way to insult someone putting his life on the line to protect the country that YOU live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back