Picked up some Kenko extension tubes

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found these at a local pawnshop. Being a repeat customer has it's perks. They took another 10% off. Out the door for 34.26. Couldn't pass it up. Think I did well.....for the cheapskate that I am. Lol.

Been wanting some of these for a while. There's lots of cheap ones out there. You guys steer people away from them. Are they really that bad? Doesn't look like there's much to them. Just a tube and contacts. Reason I ask. I'd like to get some for my nephew. Highly unlikely to find another deal this good.

Attachments

• 20180308_165357.jpg
    20180308_165357.jpg
    632.1 KB · Views: 227
Wow, you got a VERY GOOD deal on the complete 3-tube set. KENKO AF tubes (with contacts for full metering and autofocusing!) are NICE! I have owned a set for 15 years or so...they are great tubes. And having the contacts makes EXIF reporting, TTL flash, and light metering great. And, it makes using the AF a viable option. Many cheap MIC tubes have no contacts, and can make life a PITA, depending on the camera system they are used on.

I've got a cheap unbranded set and while I find them fine there are a few downsides. Namely because they have no electrical contacts I need to use a bit of trickery (or a manual lens) to adjust aperture, and they can screw up the metering a bit as well. I don't find it a big deal and taking a few extra shots isn't really much trouble to me but I could see why it would put some people off.

Yip, af tubes are great, more so for all the other control more so than autofocus.

If you ever get a macro lens you can even use them for closer than 1:1 shots

Thanks folks, had to share a good find. I've got a Tamron 90mm, so it will be interesting to see how that works.

Well, I did find another deal. Even better. Nephew wasn't interested. They're in the for sale section if anyone else is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back