Pics for critics

sumchamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posting here some pics by newbie, Pls post comments and suggestions and feel free to do some editing on it.

IMG_0491a_resize.jpg

IMG_0492_resize.jpg

IMG_0518_resize.jpg

The first one has some flare and is abit overexposed in general. I like your angle on it though. I really like the last one.

Last edited:
#1 looks a little soft on focus. The bright/blown out spots on the kids left shoulder and the other kids back are drawing my attention away from their faces. Good snapshot though! I like their expressions, especially the one on the left looking like, "hey what's going on over here, can I get in on this picture?" haha

#2 leaves are cut off at the top. The foreground even though more in focus tends to blur into the background because of similar colors. IMO, it's also not interesting

#3 I like this one a lot....the silhouette is very dark. At first glance, it looks like a photograph with two pieces torn off of it. Focus on the screen does look a little soft.

#1, #2 don't do anything for me...

#3 is interesting...good composition and lighting...

3 is nice. It leaves me wondering who is inside this dark room. It tells a story and I want to know more.

No offense, but these are good as snapshots.
1.The first one might be alittle better cropped and adjusted.
2. This does nothing for me, not interesting, doesnt leave me wanting more... get it?:er:
3. Not wild about it either, not sure what could change that.

I'm guessing you just got a lens with a wide aperture? I took pics like these when I got my 50mm f/1.8 because I was amazed at the low light and bokeh capabilities...

That being said:
#1, pictures generally look better when you are on the level of your subject. Bend down or get on 1 knee and try stuff like that with a more level horizon.

#2, I see what you were going for, but there is no interesting subject. Find a bug or something and try it again.

#3, When there are very distinct vertical or horizontal lines in your subject, try to find the perspective that gives you those same lines in a photo. don't shoot up or down, because this will warp your perspective.

Just my 2 cents.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back