Pics from my first month with my camera (EOS 7D)

FlightIsPossible

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well its a little over a month since I got my camera, which is my first SLR. (Previously used Powershots typically on auto funtion)
Has been a great learning experience so far, here's a post I made of my first week with the camera http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-week-my-camera-some-nature-shots-eos-7d.html
Here are some photos I have taken since then, comments and suggestions are appreciated, especially since I am very new to photography.

IMG_1346trimmed.jpg

IMG_1369trimmed.jpg

IMG_1324edited.jpg

IMG_1276trimmed.jpg

IMG_1263trimmed.jpg

IMG_1247trimmededitted.jpg

IMG_1198trimmed.jpg

IMG_1189trimmed.jpg

I like the cave picture...But what is that sitting there? lol

Thanks everyone, appreciate those kind words. I have been pretty happy with my progress so far, I have learned a ton over the past month. I didn't even know what "aperture" was until a week before I got the camera. I basically spent the last few years taking pics in auto-mode with my PowerShot. Lots more to learn, but it has been a great experience so far. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

Dillard... that's my friends stuffed bunny she had since she was 3, she takes the thing everywhere she travels to. She has a facebook page for it and it ends up in alot of our photos lol.

You have nice photos. Especially the first one it's fantastic and I like if.
Go ahead.

Regards

Impressive collection of photos - you're doing pretty darn good for 1 month into it! Something tells me that you are one of those few newbies that actually read your camera manual, lol.

My personal favourite is the gorilla laying down - third to last shot. It's different from the norm in terms of composition and definitely not the standard zoo shot, and I love the expression on his/her face. A unique shot, well done!

Thanks! I was quite happy with most of the pics I have been taking. I never used "manual" settings on my old powershot... and I honestly had no clue what aperture or ISO was until a week before I got my 7D. I had no clue about anything that has to do with photography. Nothing besides simple composition that I basically learned from trial and error. So it has been quite a learning experience... the 7D crash course helped alot. I am pretty proud to be able to take pics on Manual setting... I know its not some spectacular feat... but it is to me lol. Love this hobby and the learning experience!!!

Thanks again for the kind and encouraging words!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back