Pics of the Band w/ new SLR

Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few pics from today! What do u think?

2.jpg

3.jpg

8a.jpg

10.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

Looks pretty cool.

One thing I noticed, is that in every photo, their heads are pretty well centered (vertically), and that leave a bunch of dead space above them. Try to compose (or crop) your shots a little tighter and see if you like them better.

I will try that and see how the band feels about them, but for some reason I have always liked how the negative space above a person's head looks in a picture. Since I have trouble looking at it objectively due to my preference I would like to ask: Does the negative space seem to take attention away from the subject?

Also, what f stop should I be setting at to try and blur the background in photos like these? I think it was set at 5.6 for all of these.

If you like the negative space, that's cool too. It can be quite useful sometimes. It can make a photo about the person in their environment rather than just about the person. Although, a lot of times, people get into the habit of focusing on a person's face (centre focus point) and snapping the photo without thinking about the composition.

Also, what f stop should I be setting at to try and blur the background in photos like these? I think it was set at 5.6 for all of these.
An aperture of F1.4, F1.8 or F2.8 etc, would go along way to blurring the background. Unfortunately, not every lens can go that wide. That's one reason we pay the big bucks for fast lenses.

[FONT=&quot]the exposure seem to be more set to the background light that the foreground, that Ok sometime like in #3, bracket your shots and if you can change the focusing point to the foreground, but both of those options can/will caules some areas to me overexposed [/FONT]

Most reactions

Back