picture 1 or 2 ?

Fleacz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys, so i got bored one day and got this. i like the way the water formed in picture one. please post what you guys think. thanks.

stilllife1.jpg

P1190310.jpg

Cool pic - I like the first one personally. I like the way the DOF affects the drops of water that are scattered - some in focus and others in the background creating like a spray. I like the way the lemon has fallen too - although I like the cut lemon on the outside of the glass better in the second one as it isn't half covered in shaddow. The glass inthe second photo looks at a slight angle too - but overall I love the photo. The lemon colour against the dark wood with the slight reflection - very refreshing. In fact... I might go get a glass of cold water now. :)

Last edited:
Edit the second one so that the glass is perfectly vertical and then crop out some of the empty space on the bottom and on the right. The second shot is crisper and has a more interesting splash (also more of the splash is showing).

First one is better; yet my personal belief is that in such images splash edges should not be cut; it is like beheading someone; so i could not enjoy them fully; a more tilted(nearly 45 degree) image with full splash in frame with all your other set ups as such would be classic and more

Regards :D

although I like the cut lemon on the outside of the glass better in the second one as it isn't half covered in shaddow.
This is the key thing for me. Everything looks better in #1, but due to the shadow I'll have to take #2.

They are both wonderful but I personally like the lighting in number 2

Most reactions

Back