What's new

Minnesota State Capitol, Saint Paul

TJMcG127 10

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2022
Messages
430
Reaction score
825
Location
Show Low, Arizona, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a new 4th-gen 2TB Nvme SSd for my Dell, and I am in the process of moving some raw files there. You may see some old pictures like this one from around 25 years ago as I go into folders I haven't seen in a while...

Minnesota-Capitol20050702_0006-1.webp
 
Nice! That's an imposing approach to the state Capitol. Well composed.
 
Nice! That's an imposing approach to the state Capitol. Well composed.
Thank you. It's a great building, designed by Cass Gilbert. Construction began in 1896, and it was completed in 1905. The dome is the second largest in the world. The approach is an ongoing work. The golden Quadriga is internationally known. The neighborhood around the Capitol, when I was a boy in Saint Paul, has changed drastically, from dirty, commercial/industrial to landscaped streets leading up to the building.

quadriga.webp
 
did not manage to plant all the flowers:chuncky:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom