Picture Intense Thread - Looking For Much Needed CC

U

user3434902

Here is a random compilation of some shots I took. Some were taken with a P1500 and some were taken with an older EOS. Let the constructive criticism begin. All photos are raw. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... Jeep to Sheep.

I'm not sure what you are after, but the first couple look like car ad shots. With a little tweaking, clean vehicle and dramatic lighting they would work.

The rest of the Jeep shots look kind of snap shot-like. More like documenting an event rather than taking interesting pics.

I wouldn't cut the feet off the bottom of the sheep when you worked hard to asymmetrically set the pose. There's lots of space to set her in the frame. Her snout is blown a little, but if this is raw you should be able to recover that in post.

Too many pics to offer C&C, but it is obvious that you like 4-wheeling, like to shoot the occasional close-up, only one out of 17 photos was framed as a vertical, and you probably own a dog. I'd say keep working on your photo techniques, turn the camera tall-ways on occasion, and keep enjoying the hobby. Oh, and wear your seat belt good and snug, and hope you don't need the roll cage.

Wow... Jeep to Sheep.

I'm not sure what you are after, but the first couple look like car ad shots. With a little tweaking, clean vehicle and dramatic lighting they would work.

The rest of the Jeep shots look kind of snap shot-like. More like documenting an event rather than taking interesting pics.

I wouldn't cut the feet off the bottom of the sheep when you worked hard to asymmetrically set the pose. There's lots of space to set her in the frame. Her snot is blown a little, but if this is raw you should be able to recover that in post.

Hahah just throwing them all out there in one big bunch.

The majority of them were snap shot-like/documenting an event.

I think it's the grass she's eating that you're mistaking for snot. At least I hope it is.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Dude! Pick your favorite four or so, 17 is borderline criminal.

Hense the title

Thanks
Ok, the big picture is this: You're not going to get in-depth criticism 1.) when you admit these are random shots (who is going to invest time in thoughtful critique if the pictures are not thoughtfully made?); and 2.) when you post this many pictures.

Post a couple favorites and you'll probably get the response you're after.

Too many pics to offer C&C, but it is obvious that you like 4-wheeling, like to shoot the occasional close-up, only one out of 17 photos was framed as a vertical, and you probably own a dog. I'd say keep working on your photo techniques, turn the camera tall-ways on occasion, and keep enjoying the hobby. Oh, and wear your seat belt good and snug, and hope you don't need the roll cage.

I didn't know if I should post one or give a selection. Just basically looking for "that one has potential" or "that one's a train wreck". I'll limit my pictures to a couple next time.

And yes I do own a dog. The one pictured above was a friends dog.

Thanks for the helpful tips!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I meant to say "snout" and thought I had corrected that pretty quickly. When I say blown out, I mean white, clipped with no detail. But "snot blown out" is funnier.

Ok, the big picture is this: You're not going to get in-depth criticism 1.) when you admit these are random shots (who is going to invest time in thoughtful critique if the pictures are not thoughtfully made?); and 2.) when you post this many pictures.

Post a couple favorites and you'll probably get the response you're after.

Let me reword myself. Here is a random compilation of shots I took.

Sorry, I meant to say "snout" and thought I had corrected that pretty quickly. When I say blown out, I mean white, clipped with no detail. But "snot blown out" is funnier.

Hahaha snot blown out is funnier but thanks for the explanation.

Cool. Used to own JK for 2 years. But yeah, don't put 17 pix cuz after a few people get bored. Nobody wants to go through an album and see what's wrong or whats good with each pics. The first 5 pix and from 10 through 12 look like every other pix people place in jeep forums. Nothing too exciting if you know what I mean? Don't take it the wrong way, we're not mean, just honest :lol:

Most reactions

Back