Picture Window

Tim Tucker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Typical, I go for an afternoon walk along the coast and come back with a shot pointing inland. Not great, but the best I've managed for a while. I feel the need to head north for a week...

Last edited:
A great mix of texture's in this shot!

I really like this. I like that there is just enough detail in the shadows to realize what type of structure it is, but not too much to keep pulling the eye away from the view out the window. Makes me think that's what the world would have looked like through the window for settlers in the early 19th century.

My only thought is what would it look like shot maybe with a wider angle, closer to the window to increase the FOV through the window?

My only thought is what would it look like shot maybe with a wider angle, closer to the window to increase the FOV through the window?

Thanks for all the comments.

I understand what you mean, but I shot this with my Micro-Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Ai, quite deliberately as it has a very flat field and excellent corner to corner sharpness and I really wanted the sharpness and textures as the only part in true focus is the border of the image. Judging by the price you pay for one of these on eBay they are much under-rated, probably because of their age, but are one of the best of the MF lenses and a true classic.

Thanks for all the comments.

I understand what you mean, but I shot this with my Micro-Nikkor 55mm f3.5 Ai, quite deliberately as it has a very flat field and excellent corner to corner sharpness and I really wanted the sharpness and textures as the only part in true focus is the border of the image. Judging by the price you pay for one of these on eBay they are much under-rated, probably because of their age, but are one of the best of the MF lenses and a true classic.

I see your point. And with that being your intent, it was well captured!

Most reactions

Back