The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was sorting through some pictures for a local club and thought these might be of some interest.
It's important to me that I post pictures here so other people get a chance to c/c my pictues - as I do theirs.

I don't want edits and reposting because I like them exactly the way they are and they aren't in a condition to sustain further dicking around.

They are quite different in subject and treatment.

1) Monk smoking between cars - Myanmar 2010
$advanced~llorton~-2.jpg

2) Boys walking on train - Myanmar 2011
$advanced~llorton~-2-2.jpg

3) Columbia Town Fair 2010
$advanced~llorton~at the fair.jpg

4) NYC wedding 2011
$advanced~llorton~NY wedding.jpg

5) Plowing rice paddy - Thailand 2007
$advanced~llorton~plowing the paddy.jpg

Some good stuff Lew. The rice paddy shot is a wonderful example of a strong foreground and a good background...wonderful photo showing local landscape and agricultural practices! Love it! I also enjoyed the wedding shot. I like how he is holding the boquet so she can keep her gown up and off the street. The people who appear to be moving in or out on the sidewalk or otherwise unloading a vehicle--nice! It's really nice to be able to click on these and see a decent-sized photo. The monk smoking has nifty framing on it. I like all the OOF foreground stuff, except for that little bit of green whatever it is at the top of the one seat!

The fair shot does nothing for me...just do not like the scene, or the shot. The boys walking on the train is an interesting shot. To me though, the excessive amount of sky is hurting the shot. I held my hand up to the screen and cropped off some sky; I think it works even better with less sky shown. The footpaths on the side are also interesting, and less sky helps keep me focuses on the terrestrial aspects of the scene. YMMV.

I like 1 and 2 a lot. 4 would have been better if there wasn't the big group of people on the corner but still kind of cool.

I agree and disagree with Darrel. The fair shot would be more interesting if I knew what the kneeling guy was doing. But you can't take a picture of someone's front and back at the same time!

I like the boys walking on the train pic as it is. When I imagine the sky cropped out, my eye keeps going to the train car just in front of you, and trying to figure out what it is. All I see is a giant piece of metal and it detracts from the whole scene. Honestly, in that picture as it is, I focus more on the aspect of the train going around the bend. It wasn't until I read the title that I looked for the boys on top of the train.

Other than the fair picture, I really like this whole set!

PS - I enjoy your c&c on people's pictures. I'm learning a lot from the honest critiques given on this site!

They are all great in my opinion, but my faves are 2 and 5.

thanks for the comments

re: the fair shot - it was my mistake to assume that this kind of setup - where one puts his face to a cut-out- was recognizeable from the back. The reverse side was a clown picture.

$declan-2.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back