Pictures of my daughter...

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pics of my daughter..Working on not underexposing my pictures. I did not use the flash since it was overcast and it seemed like enough light. On both pictures it looks like the closest eye is in focus and the other is soft. Was that caused by me being to close at F2.0. The lighting looks good to me, but what do I know...:lol: Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Both were shot with 50mm, 1/320s, F2.0, iso 100

1)
makenna6.jpg

2)
makenna8.jpg

I am not a fan of closely cropped images and I prefer to see the whole head shot part of the image in focus - but, then, that is just me - colour looks good though on my monitor.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Great pics! #2 looks slightly overexposed, but I could be wrong.

Great pics! #2 looks slightly overexposed, but I could be wrong.

Well, at least I'm heading in the opposite direction.. :) Thanks!!

I am not a fan of closely cropped images and I prefer to see the whole head shot part of the image in focus - but, then, that is just me - colour looks good though on my monitor.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thank you.. I've always been drawn to closely cropped pictures and black and white.

Here are some pics of my daughter..Working on not underexposing my pictures. I did not use the flash since it was overcast and it seemed like enough light. On both pictures it looks like the closest eye is in focus and the other is soft. Was that caused by me being to close at F2.0. The lighting looks good to me, but what do I know...:lol: Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Both were shot with 50mm, 1/320s, F2.0, iso 100

1)
makenna6.jpg

2)
makenna8.jpg

They lighting looks nice but the composition are not great. The first one we get a great view straight up her nose, that is not flattering at all.

So close at F2.0 you have less then an inch of focus. If you want to shoot so narrow, you are going to have to make sure both eyes are on the same plane...

Is this your daughter from the toga pictures? She looks so much better without the makeup! I like her expression in these.

I feel the crops are a little awkward. I think square crops might work on these. I am not sure though. I can't quite put my finger on what bothers me.

Is this your daughter from the toga pictures? She looks so much better without the makeup! I like her expression in these.

I feel the crops are a little awkward. I think square crops might work on these. I am not sure though. I can't quite put my finger on what bothers me.

Yes. She's only 11, but I let her wear makeup that day for her costume. She's much prettier without the makeup!! :) Thank you for the feedback...I'll experiment with different crops.

I agree looks better without the makeup but don't like how closely cropped they are. other than that, nice photos. I also like the expression on her face in #2 as compared to #1.

I think rotating the camera to tall would have improved these. Her chin is awfully close to the bottom of the frame in the first shot, and that causes some visual tension. The out of focus back eye in the first shot is slightly distracting. I'm not sure that the really shallow depth of field of a 50mm at f/2 was the best approach for these shots...I thin k stopping the lens down, say to, oh I dunno, to f/3.5 or so, would have made the images look better all around. I really like the earth tones harmonizing in her hair, clothing, and the background...the color harmony really does help these shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back