Pink Mist over Port Talbot

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was supposed to be a fine afternoon. A not quite Spring tide set for around sunset. It started to clear above Mumbles just before sunset, but looking across to my home town, Port Talbot I could see the murk was still there. I saw an opportunity though as I was seeing some salmon pink tones, and you can just, only just make out the steel works in the mist, plus, a crabbing boat just on the right. It would be easy to clone out, but I think it belongs...

Fuji GFX100s GF 32 - 64 f/22 9 seconds (small aperture to get the longer exposure time - even though it did reveal I have dust on the back of the lens which I have cropped out...

Pink MIst over Port Talbot by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Really nice paster peaceful colours there.

That's very, very nice, could do with a level and I'd probably burn the bright red of the boat down to a rusty colour but if you are hsppy with it then fair play.

Everything was level. Tripod indicated level as did the camera. What we have here is the opposite coastline gets further away left to right.

That notwithstanding, have used auto level in LR, and used burn tool in PS...

Pink MIst over Port Talbot 1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Last edited:
It can look like that sometimes if the shoreline is cutting across the frame, had a few of those myself. Bear in mind that spirit levels, or electronic levels are not absolutley accurate and there is a tolerance to them which can mean they can be a few degrees out. Also I'd suggest that for an artistic image, it's more important to look level than be level in reality. The viewer often has no reference and if the horizon doesn't appear level it can look a bit sloppy.

I love the new edit, spot on with that one! Great tones and a really fantastic image

It can look like that sometimes if the shoreline is cutting across the frame, had a few of those myself. Bear in mind that spirit levels, or electronic levels are not absolutley accurate and there is a tolerance to them which can mean they can be a few degrees out. Also I'd suggest that for an artistic image, it's more important to look level than be level in reality. The viewer often has no reference and if the horizon doesn't appear level it can look a bit sloppy.

I love the new edit, spot on with that one! Great tones and a really fantastic image

On the levelling issue, generally I agree. However, sometimes there are elements in the frame which are then thrown out by an adjustment, so it depends on a case by case basis. I usually check on both camera and tripod

Most reactions

Back