Pinwheel

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and critique always welcome. For the pixel peepers, I know I did a very imperfect job of adding some room at the bottom as I clipped the very edge of that petal. But I liked this shot so decided to try to fix it. Cloning is something that I need to work on! I am definitely a work in progress.

Pinwheel by SharonCat..., on Flickr

I like it! I think you have just the right amount of blur on that leaf in the background, and the shadowy area on the right nicely balances the brightness of the flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go square and balance everything out ... and see how it looks. It may not work because the right side sticks out more than the left ... but, (the big but), if you rotate everything about 45 degrees counterclockwise, it will become symmetrical and lend itself nicely to a square format. I like how the background is bisected light to dark.

I like it! I think you have just the right amount of blur on that leaf in the background, and the shadowy area on the right nicely balances the brightness of the flower.

Thanks for your feedback!

Go square and balance everything out ... and see how it looks. It may not work because the right side sticks out more than the left ... but, (the big but), if you rotate everything about 45 degrees counterclockwise, it will become symmetrical and lend itself nicely to a square format. I like how the background is bisected light to dark.

Thanks Gary for taking the time to give your suggestions. I'm not that crazy about square crops, or symmetry in flowers for that matter. Just a matter of personal taste.

Totally agree on the rotate and square crop. That's the first thing I seen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back