Lots of hummingbird photos

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been trying to catch a shot of this guy at the bee balm but he's super skittish. Any movement at all and he's long gone! These were all very high ISO due to being taken in some shadows. I had to Topaz Denoise them quite a bit. Also very severe crops as I had to lurk further away than usual to get anything without scaring him away. Feedback and critique always welcome.

Hummingbirds by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Beautiful shots!

Beautiful shots!

Great job! They all look great despite the challenges this little guy gave you. They can be incredibly skittish, but I've also been places where they're swarming like bees and ignoring everything else.

#s 3 and 5 are my personal favorites. I love the diagonal line and the DOF in 3, and the curve of the bee balm in 5 is sweet! (Is that bee balm?)

Each one shows those tiny feet. :586:

Beautiful shots!
Thanks!

A lovely set....
Thank you Jeff…..

Beautiful shots!
Thanks Lady!

Great job! They all look great despite the challenges this little guy gave you. They can be incredibly skittish, but I've also been places where they're swarming like bees and ignoring everything else.

#s 3 and 5 are my personal favorites. I love the diagonal line and the DOF in 3, and the curve of the bee balm in 5 is sweet! (Is that bee balm?)

Each one shows those tiny feet. :586:
Thank you! First 2 are bee balm. Last 3 are the “cigar plant” aka Vermillionaire or Mexican firecracker aka Cuphea. It’s one of the annuals I have filling in the blank space in my garden until the new tree grows up!

Beautiful set! My kiddos gave me a portable blind to sit in, although I don't have the flowers this year due to everything that has happened in the past year, so haven't use it yet, but you might be able to rig something up that does the same thing as a blind. That would get you closer.

Beautiful set! My kiddos gave me a portable blind to sit in, although I don't have the flowers this year due to everything that has happened in the past year, so haven't use it yet, but you might be able to rig something up that does the same thing as a blind. That would get you closer.

This sounds so interesting! Have you seen the video of the young girl who sits underneath a homemade blanket fort with flowers on it wearing goggles with flowers hanging off of them so that she can get a close-up look at the hummingbirds? It’s out there on Instagram or TikTok or somewhere.

This sounds so interesting! Have you seen the video of the young girl who sits underneath a homemade blanket fort with flowers on it wearing goggles with flowers hanging off of them so that she can get a close-up look at the hummingbirds? It’s out there on Instagram or TikTok or somewhere.
Yes, I've seen several like that, and then the showoff of the guy with a small hummingbird feeder hand feeding a hummingbird that shows up at his window every day. That's another level of wow! Apparently they can be trained to come to you if you have the patience for it.

I like them all, but #3 the most. Nice job.

Yes, I've seen several like that, and then the showoff of the guy with a small hummingbird feeder hand feeding a hummingbird that shows up at his window every day. That's another level of wow! Apparently they can be trained to come to you if you have the patience for it.
Oh I’ve seen that. He calls it Herman or something like that. I noticed if I’m standing still near the feeders they will hover and check me out and sometimes stop and feed a few feet away but if I move at all, even to raise my phone or camera, they take off.

Beautiful set! Love the detail
Thanks Cheryl!

I like them all, but #3 the most. Nice job.
Thanks! 3 is my favorite of this bunch as well.

Looks great to me! Nice shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back