img_1998.jpg

3. mrrrr
img_2044.jpg

img_2008.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

Did I say that I was the only official photographer there? I was the only one allowed to shoot near and ON the stage? :D

thx snaremop

I think I should have posted more female singers to attract the attention of TPFers :p

No-no-no-no-no. It is ok the way it is here!
I have come to this thread several times over to look at your photos and I am just so impressed about what brilliant photos you took as well as about the fact that YOU were the only one with an on-stage pass to take photos on the stage from up close that I was totally without words. Just awe. No more.

But I realise that on an internet forum plain awe does not transpire, other than by my typing it out and posting it. So here we go: I am totally in awe! You lucky one, you!

But they very obviously chose the right one for their concert photography! Absolutely. No one could have made it any better.

A pity the choir is so hidden behind those plastic curtains, but that - so I think - was a stage element ...

Hey, I like the Piotr-is-smiling photo! (4)
Impossible to tell this guy's age...

Thank you Corinna for your comment! Actually Piotr is 38 yr old bloke... he behaves like a teenager on rehearsals and like a 20-something year bloke on the concert. I chatted to him for a while and he is a fantastic person!

I also have some close-ups of the coir because I was able to go behind the plastic curtains as well. (the curtains were the element of the decoration and when the wind blew they looked awesome in stage light! ).

After the concert I went to a small caffe/club with the vocalists. They are great! And... the organizers are verry happy with my photos and told me already that they want me on the next concert given by Piotr :D lucky me :)

Oh yes!
Too true.
Lucky you.

But: this is not sheer LUCK.
This is because you are GOOD!
That is why they let you be their only photographer now and will want to have you on their future projects, too.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Like them all but number 7 is great

#1 too bad about this.

#2 is good, maybe pull back on the day shots and show more.

#5 too bad about the curtain, this would have been a great shot.

#6 I think would have be awesome if a little to the left and up in the opening, framing on the 6 or so faces (females :) ).

#7 is really good. Maybe you could stash a tripod up there?

#8 maybe down and to the right shooting up a bit.

Really good shots overall- Interesting. Looks like the curtain is your enemy.

One note that you may already be aware of, when photographing musicians I like to keep the camera up near my face as I approach (make sure you don't trip up). It seems to be more subtle and doesn't distract. If they see the lense they know why you are moving.

all those photos (exept the day time ones) were taken with a tripod. the light was very poor:(

Yikes. It was just my eyes then.

Those curtains need to be worked with.

You'll figure out the light.

at first glance, the curtains looked cool for me, because the stage light was reflected by the curtains. but here I could only get a few rather "artsy" not jurnalistic pictures. And my aim was to shoot in a jurnalistic style. Next time I'll improve, I promise :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back