teishu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.junderhill.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good afternoon all,

Few shots from last weekend in Wales. It's been a while and I'm getting back into photography so any comments or critique are more than welcome!

20150110-1.jpg

20150110-2.jpg

20150110-3.jpg

20150110-4.jpg

20150110-5.jpg

20150110-6.jpg

20150110-7.jpg

20150110-8.jpg

Many thanks!

Your photos bring to me a couple of thoughts. One, Wales is a unique locale, and offers some really good opportunities for great shots. Two, the close ups of water, and rocks do not have any uniqueness. Okay, three thoughts/opinion: Marshmallow water is one of the most over done effects currently in vogue right now. I would love to see you re-shoot those waterfalls with a slightly higher speed, one that still shows the mivement, but also a more realistic view of the scene. As I said, you have a unique locale, why shoot it in a banal way?

2 and 4 are perfect. They are really good. 2 is fairly unique and both speaks to me as a literal depiction of the phrase "water under the bridge" and visually in the sense that I don't expect to see the water rushing that rapidly under such a calm environment. 4 has excellent composition and I think its the best out of all of these.

6 and 7 are very similar and I think 7 is better.

3 isn't doing anything for me but the rest of the images are good.

Thanks for your comments, your honest opinion is appreciated. I'm surprised you like #2 so much as it's my least favourite out of all, mainly becuase the background is very 'busy' and it doesn't really add to the image. Next time I'm near the waterfall I will reshoot taking your comments on board.
Thanks again!
J

like the colours in #1 and #5 and wow what a location, tend to agree with Didereaux comments, although I fall into a similar trap of slowing down until this detracts from the scene

I see what your saying in number 2 teishu. Try taking some clarity out of the background with a brush in lightroom. Its not so much the things in the background as it is the contrasty detail of those things.

Most reactions

Back