Thanks for the comments, This was a photography project sponsered by a local gallery, the photographer [dylan vittone] sort of encouraged all of us to just shoot and not think too much about technical aspects. It seemed to me that everyone was drawn to trees and flowers and water, but I could'nt stop noticing graffiti and trash and the not so pretty side of the city [i'm a realist!] I wanted the eye to notice the center of the pipe because I thought the colours were cool, but I love the fact that you can't ignore the trash! I don't have the settings on hand for the texture shot but the reason for out of focus in front? for me these are companion peices, some people only see whats right in front of them, and some people notice more clearly what is ahead of them.
thanks again for your time