Not a Beginner, but new to this forum

cooperpenny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello and thanks for the welcome, my name is Cliff I have been doing photography since the 1970's with film camera being the thing of that time. I stopped taking pictures in the 1980's when I loaned out my camera and it came back broken and the person didn't even offer to fix it. I moved around alot and just wasn't into it for a long while. I grew up in SoCal, the Los Angeles basin and moved to Orange County in the 1980's. Bouncing around too different cities until I retired in 2017 after 30 years in the CATV industry. I packed my bags, me my wife and our two dogs and bought my first home in Pittsburg, Kansas. My main hobby at that time was metal detecting, when the summer of 2018 hit and the humidity came I needed something else to pass the days of not punching a clock & answering to the man as we sometimes call it. I pulled out my Olympus E520 and found it to have focusing issues, well I was able to convince the wife that its time for a new camera, the good part about photography in the humidity was that I could drive around with the air conditioner on stop & take a picture of the new world around me. Keep driving for more shots and not worry about the heat. So I find myself loving the world of photography again and I mainly taking all different kinds of photos. Looking forward to sharing shots and getting tips from you all. Hope I wasn't to long winded I just that way sometimes.

Welcome!

Welcome. I too am rediscovering photography in my retirement. Enjoy!

Welcome!
I am still discovering photography and not retire yet. LOL One day I will, but not anytime soon.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your work. Check out the Coffee House thread for non photo chitchat. What made a SoCal native choose Kansas for a retirement home?

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your work. Check out the Coffee House thread for non photo chitchat. What made a SoCal native choose Kansas for a retirement home?
Have you seeing the price of homes in SoCal :), really the cost of living here is on spot for fixed income, step daughter and grandkids, slow pace, and never lived outside of California, this is great, Love the four seasons for sure. I posted my first photos here Your 2 best shots of 2018 thanks again for the welcome

Have you seeing the price of homes in SoCal :), really the cost of living here is on spot for fixed income, step daughter and grandkids, slow pace, and never lived outside of California, this is great, Love the four seasons for sure. I posted my first photos here Your 2 best shots of 2018 thanks again for the welcome
Welcome to the Midwest and rationality.

welcome .. i just discovered the world of photography a few years back... love it.. and look forward to seeing your photos..

Retirement has allowed my renewed interest in photography, too. Having great fun with it, and I hope you are, too!

I would love to move out of expensive California, but I cannot tolerate the cold and snow.

And Nevada (Las Vegas) is colder than SF area in the winter, and probably similar for all the high desert locations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back