What's new

Pittsburgh

ZyxKor

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
114
Reaction score
1
Location
Pgh, Pa & Histon, Cambs
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pittsburgh, from Riverside Park on the South Side. The subject is the big black building, the US Steel tower.

Please critique but be gentle, I'm new to this. :-P

pgh.jpg


I think should crop the image but I am not quite sure where it would a good spot to do so.
 
I'm brand spankin new here, first post and it's so funny because if I walk to the end of my street I could see that same view! Your picture is awesome.
 
I think if the US Steel Tower is the subject, that it should stand out a bit more. Right now when you look at the picture the subject seems to be the river or city line. I would try to shoot it with a zoom possibly from Mt. Washington (or is it Mt Oliver that far down...)
Or the picture would work better if it was part of a picture story including other Closer pictures of the building.
Keep shooting!
 
Thanks guys. I got my camera last week and I am going to try and take pictures most days on my lunch break. I don't have a good zoomie lens yet, that should help with bringing the subject out. And it would be better to go up to Mt. Oliver or at least on the slopes to get the picture. Duquesne hill kinda covers up how monolithic the tower can be. I work on the South Side so there's a lot of interesting things to take pictures of here.

I also am a former Erieite. I went to Mercyhurst. I was a bouncer at Calamari's and I also worked by the peninsula. Used to grab a sub and go to the Mill Run beaches and have lunch. I really miss that.
 
Thats cool. I bet I passed you afew times at Calamari's... I lived in the burgh for about 5 years... I miss it there. Tons to shoot there... you should shoot that diner at the far end of the south side, thats under the bridge... bet you could get some cool shot of it...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom