Plane photo

battletone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am somewhat new to photography. Got a digital SLR at Christmas and can now afford to experiment. Had a Minolta Maxxum 4 but never got off the presets.

Please give me your opinions on what you think, what I could/should do differently.

INFO:
Auto Focus
Cloudy white balance
Manual Mode 1/800 @ f5.0
Canon XSi w/18-55mm
IS was off

It was a very overcast day.

Original
underbelly2_small_original.JPG

Slightly tweaked color and contrast.
underbelly2_small.JPG

Something about it makes me like it, maybe the white backround? Cool shot, looks like its taking off to space!

maybe black and white but leave the streak in color.

Well, because the edges of metal reflect light, what you have in your pictures is a shot of an MD80 that is blending into the sky. Instead of shooting straight up, try frontal or rear shots of planes or side angles as long as you're on the sun lit side of the plane. Different angles will also give you better backgrounds to make the plane stand out more.

Keep at it, moving aircraft is not easy but it is fun.

Well, because the edges of metal reflect light, what you have in your pictures is a shot of an MD80 that is blending into the sky. Instead of shooting straight up, try frontal or rear shots of planes or side angles as long as you're on the sun lit side of the plane. Different angles will also give you better backgrounds to make the plane stand out more.

Keep at it, moving aircraft is not easy but it is fun.

Thanks. I took a whole bunch from various angles. The ones coming in generally didn't play so well with my 55mm max lens. I got a couple good ones from the side. I wanted an underbelly pic bad though, so I took a bunch of photos trying to get that one. I think in that one the sun peaked out from the clouds on me, causing the over exposure areas. Some of the other shots didn't have it, but they were either not in frame or I was about 10 paces from being directly under it.

Most reactions

Back