Playground photography

zbyszek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

I am having my first photo-shoot on the playground with kids and I am really counting for longer cooperation with the client I will work for. I would like to have similar effect to those pictures.

Any advice?

Just make sure you have all the release forms and if it’s not a closed shoot put up notices that photography is taking place. Kid photography these days is such a mine field. If some parent comes back shouting and screaming with a lawyer because their kid was included in a photo shoot by chance you need to be able to cover your back. Not a lawyer here just suggesting that you dot your I,s and cross the t,s

Any advice?
Greetings, and welcome!

You have to try to be quicker than the children, but since you can't, go early to familiarize yourself with the playground. Try to either guide the children into position or anticipate where they will want to go, and get ahead of them to catch that spontaneous expression of joy.

If you have a helper, have your helper hold a flash on a stick to illuminate the dark shadows. Fire that flash with a RF transceiver set. I see that in your example, no flash was used. Too bad.

Since you can't successfully anticipate every move the children will make, try to introduce some games that will entice the children to behave more spontaneously. Hide and seek, tag, monster chase, etc.

Oh, well, take lots of shots and give your client only the good ones. Do not show the bad ones.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Back